Coughing, runny nose, fever—no wonder you feel miserable; you already have the flu! Fighting the flu bug is never fun, so you need to take measures to keep from acquiring it in every which way you can. For us in the PR industry, flu season is one of the busiest times in the office, and we need to be at the top of our game to keep up with media demands, events and PR campaigns that we’re working on. That’s why we need to ensure we are healthy enough to do our work—our client’s reputation depends on it.
Fortunately, the NSW Government website offers some valuable tips for keeping healthy during the cold winter season, which Sydney PR agencies like us can use:
Good hygiene and behaviour can help reduce the spread of illness.
Get a jab
Annual influenza vaccination is recommended for anyone aged over 6 months who wishes to reduce their chances of becoming ill with the virus. Public health experts advise that the best time to be vaccinated against the flu is before the winter season arrives.
Get a local GP
Make sure you have a local GP. If you haven’t seen a doctor in a while, or have recently moved house, you should establish contact with a local GP before the winter season arrives. Whenever you’re unwell, always speak to your GP first. Keep emergency departments for emergencies.
Make a Winter Wise Plan
Cold weather during winter can worsen pre-existing chronic illnesses such as asthma and diabetes, so it’s best to be prepared.”
We can’t be called a reliable beauty PR agency if we can’t offer you some tips on how to keep looking good during the cold season, so along with the basic health tips listed above, make sure to do these as well:
- Invest in a wool coat, to keep the chill factor to a minimum. Shop SHOWPO for the latest winter finds
- Invest in a really good hand cream—every beauty PR needs to have nimble hands so a hand cream that keeps fingers smooth and supple is a beauty staple
- Beauty Balm—a good beauty balm on the lips will allow you to pucker up without chapped lips at a moment’s notice. Check out the new Dusty Girls range
- Hair Masks—De Lorenzo Essentials Equilibrium is your go-to hair mask to keep your ends nourished http://www.delorenzo.com.au/ranges/equilibrium/
- Hot Sake to warm up your insides. Visit Niji Restaurant and Bar for the best Sake in town
A lifestyle PR office such as Polkadot PR is always abuzz with the latest stories and events, especially in winter. Aside from an increased workload, it’s never fun being stuck in bed with flu, so join us in keeping the above tips in mind and stay healthy this winter.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.